Sunday, October 6, 2013

Rainbow Rice!

Today, I decided to make Rainbow Rice for my sensory bin at school! I biked to the grocery store, picked up the supplies & got started.  
I had never colored rice before, so my good friend Google helped me out! It was SO simple! 
All you need is white vinegar, baggies, food coloring, & rice or pasta. Some people use rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer, but I thought that vinegar would be safest. 

I scooped the rice into baggies. For each cup of rice, you use one tablespoon of vinegar. 
And then I mixed in drops of food coloring, experimenting to get different colors. 

I made sure that the baggies were closed tightly and then shook the rice all around until they were covered in color. 


And I put the rice on paper towels in the windowsill to let it air dry. I kept the colors separate still for this part because I didn't want the colors to accidentally bleed into one another, but I will mix them all together when they're completely dry. 

 I'm so excited to show my kids tomorrow! Yay for Rainbow Rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment